1. Chicken 500 gm, cut into big pieces
2. Curd 2 to 3 tbsps
3. Coconut (optional) 1 tbsp, grated
4. Pepper (whole) 1tsp
5. Garam masala powder 1tsp
6. Dhania powder 1 tsp
7. Ginger paste 1 tbsp
8. Garlic paste 1 tbsp
9. Onion paste of 2 big onions
10. Green Chilli paste to taste
11. Poppy seed paste 2 to 3 tbsps
12. Salt to taste
13. Bay leaves (Tej patta) 5
14. Oil 3 tbsps (Butter is a better option for this recipe)
Mix curd, Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Chilli paste and Salt. Pour over Chicken, mix well and keep for one to two hours.
Heat Oil or Butter, put Tej patta and fry Onion paste. But do not brown. Add Poppy seed paste, Coconut, whole Pepper, Garam masala powder, Dhania powder and keep stirring on low flame for a minute.
Add Chicken with the marinade. Cook covered on low flame and stir occasionally.
Chicken will be cooked in no time. Add a little water if too dry. Gravy should be thick.
Tasty Curd Chicken is ready to serve.